Working with Conflict – Difficult Conversations
We know that conflict exists in every organization and if not handled well it can become an escalating issue that brings stress, under-performance and a host of other issues that can affect the very core of what the organization is trying to achieve. However we also know that if handled well, managing conflict can be a positive experience for those involved. This Workshop is ideal for managers and team members who want to be able to identify and manage escalating conflicts, practice skills they can use in dealing with conflict situations, enhance their communications, negotiation and other conflict management techniques, and to develop effective responses to diffuse and deal with potentially angry people.
| What Will Participants Learn?
|| What Topics are Covered?
- Increase self-confidence when faced with conflict
- Identify other people’s communication styles and needs
- Exit challenging conversations knowing that the Learner was able to put their point across effectively
- Know the right questions to ask at the right time, and demonstrate active listening, to really understand the other person’s perspective
- Understand organizational politics and use a positive, ‘above the line’ approach that demonstrates awareness and integrity
- Learn about body language, tone, & words and what they can really mean
- Sources of, and Reactions to, Conflict
- 5 Conflict Handling Modes; Individual assessment and how each helps, how each might hinder
- Body language in Conflict Situations; What is my body saying? And what are the subtle signals being shown by others?
- Effective Questioning and Active Listening
- Dealing with Manipulation
- Practising Positive Politics: Awareness and Integrity
- Role Rehearsal and feedback
Instruction by certified expert facilitators and coaches
Small, interactive classes
Specialized manual and course materials
Personalized certificate of completion